What Our Patients Are Saying!
Dr. Don's office is warm, and so "kid-friendly." We travel all the way from Albany because we know we are seeing the BEST in Dr. Don. He's awesome.....so encouraging, so positive, so pleasant!! (as are all his assistants!)
Staff is always friendly. Things to do for the children in the waiting room, BUT the wait is never very long. The scheduling of appointments is well done.
Dr. Wilson and his staff are so great! Not only did they give me a great smile, but they were always so nice, funny, and caring--and provided a great atmosphere for everyone around them. They constantly made sure that I was comfortable and relaxed whenever I was there, and with a movie always playing right above me while I was being worked on, I actually had fun, too! It really is the best orthodontist office to be in.
To top it off, Dr. Wilson gave me an AMAZING smile, which, truthfully, I always get complimented on. He is such a perfectionist in his work--at the end of my treatment, he even went so far to make sure to move my teeth a fraction of a centimeter one way to make my teeth perfect! I truly, truly recommend him as an orthodontist.
Dr. Don and all his team are simply the best and most professional individuals. They cared for me like a family member and I could not be any happier with the results. I recommend anyone I know to his office because I know they will be treated by a team of caring professionals who love to have fun and make people smile.
Don has worked on myself and my oldest son. He came HIGHLY recommended to us by another orthodontist who was retiring and I did my research and went to a number of practices before deciding to work with him. My oldest had a situation which can be tricky and the ultimate outcome isn't really guaranteed but he is 19 now and flashes a pretty handsome grin, if I do say so myself. All that terrible shyness and anxiety about his bite and how he looked (lower teeth closing in front of uppers) has been long ago forgotten. We moved but continued to travel to see him because I just wouldn't go anywhere else. He also happens to be a very nice guy and the office folks are also great.
We'll i tink this is the best place i have for my son ALEX LOPEZ he's AUTISTIC and they know how to treat him, , I really I appreciate it everybody in that place are very very nice they treat us with a lot of courtesy thank you dr. Wilson we keep in touch Maria and Alex
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don loves to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.