What Our Patients Are Saying!
Dr. Don Wilson and his staff have been absolutely wonderful! When we first walked into their office for a consultation, my daughter needed a lot of work in order to get her smile in line but Dr Don assured the both of us that they were up for the task and boy did they exceed our expectations! Not only did we leave their office today braces free (removed earlier than planned) but my daughter was so excited and exclaimed that she felt like a whole new person and loved the person looking back in the mirror. I definitely recommend Dr. Don to anyone, everyone there is full of such caring and vibrant personalities and will take such good care of you or your child’s needs!
Dr. Wilson took us aboard about 2 years ago. His method of assessing our family's teeth was thorough and meticulous. When necessary, he made sure that he took X-Rays from different angles in order to get the best prognosis and course of treatment for our 'disorderly' teeth.
Throughout our treatment, we had to come to him many times, without advanced appointment, because we broke certain thread or braces. He and his crew always had time for us.
When we moved 3-hours away and about to go to school outside the US, Dr. Wilson consulted our initial X-Rays and course of treatment, and adjusted his schedule according to our plan! The result of his treatment was FIVE STARS!
Thank you, Dr. Wilson. We will be back...
My experience having adult braces from Dr. Wilson and team was Wonderful and left me with a smile I am proud of. His attention to detail and expertise is hard to find. I would highly recommend him anyone looking for a quality orthodontist that wants it done right the first time. His prices are extremely affordable for the latest technology in dental care. The office is creatively designed and the team is a close nit family that makes you feel welcomed and special every time.
I am a 42 year old woman that had braces when I was younger but my teeth started to shift a few years ago. I had heard that Dr Don was “the best” in Novato so I didn’t bother to check out the competition and went with a complete set of metal braces since I wanted to move things along quickly. I absolutely cannot find fault with anything that their office does. It’s very apparent that they take great strides to ensure that each patient receives the highest quality of care and attention. I am thrilled with the results and am receiving compliments on my *perfect* teeth daily. I’m so happy that I went to “the best” guy in town. Thank you Dr Don for my big, white, beautiful smile!
We've worked with Dr. Don and his amazing staff over the last five years as both of our kids have had braces. Dr. Don is one of those people who can make an instant connection with a kid that just makes the whole process so much easier. I can't imagine having worked with anyone else. Thank you Dr. Don!
Meet Dr. Don
Dr. Don L Wilson is committed to creating beautiful smiles in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. While he loves to have fun, he also feels it is important to educate patients about their orthodontic treatment, and especially emphasize proper oral hygiene while in braces. He designed the Tooth Token Reward Program to help motivate patients to take great care of their teeth and gums. He treats patients personally at every scheduled appointment and wants to ensure that they feel they are receiving the best care possible, while being ‘part of the family’.
Dr. Don is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. He is the founder of the Novato/San Rafael Chapter of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. Each year we provide orthodontic treatment at no charge for children with financial challenges. Dr. Don creates self-confidence, inspires hope, and changes the lives of children in our community with the gift of a smile.
- He attended the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology.
- He received his dental degree with Honors from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco.
- With academic and clinical excellence, he completed his residency and obtained his Masters degree in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. Dr. Don doesn’t just look at the teeth, he also looks at the face and profile, making decisions on what will be best for lip support and overall symmetry.
- In August of 2003, he moved to Marin to create a unique orthodontic practice that prides itself on quality care in a personable environment.
- Dr. Don provides orthodontic treatment for children and adults, utilizing technologies such as Invisalign® and Self-ligating Damon System® Braces. He follows the guidelines of the American Association of Orthodontists and wants to see children at age 7 for an initial complimentary consultation.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- California Dental Association
- Marin County Dental Society
- Marin County Orthopedic Study Group
- Smile for a Lifetime Foundation
On a Personal Note…
Starting his practice in Novato was a natural fit for Dr. Don, as he is a fifth generation Californian with family all around the Bay Area. Dr. Don was born and raised in Cupertino, CA, and has always been very active in sports. In high school, he won many awards while playing tennis, and also taught tennis to children and adults. He stays active now by weight training, skiing, and scuba diving, as well as leading fun, fast-paced circuit workouts with a group of friends. Dr. Don supports sports locally by sponsoring many local youth teams. Dr. Don met his wife, Charis, in college. They enjoy wildlife and traveling to new places. They especially love relaxing at home and exploring the North Bay, with their Papillon, Heidi, along for the ride.