What Our Patients Are Saying!
Dr. Don's office is warm, and so "kid-friendly." We travel all the way from Albany because we know we are seeing the BEST in Dr. Don. He's awesome.....so encouraging, so positive, so pleasant!! (as are all his assistants!)
Staff is always friendly. Things to do for the children in the waiting room, BUT the wait is never very long. The scheduling of appointments is well done.
Dr. Wilson and his staff are so great! Not only did they give me a great smile, but they were always so nice, funny, and caring--and provided a great atmosphere for everyone around them. They constantly made sure that I was comfortable and relaxed whenever I was there, and with a movie always playing right above me while I was being worked on, I actually had fun, too! It really is the best orthodontist office to be in.
To top it off, Dr. Wilson gave me an AMAZING smile, which, truthfully, I always get complimented on. He is such a perfectionist in his work--at the end of my treatment, he even went so far to make sure to move my teeth a fraction of a centimeter one way to make my teeth perfect! I truly, truly recommend him as an orthodontist.
Dr. Don and all his team are simply the best and most professional individuals. They cared for me like a family member and I could not be any happier with the results. I recommend anyone I know to his office because I know they will be treated by a team of caring professionals who love to have fun and make people smile.
Don has worked on myself and my oldest son. He came HIGHLY recommended to us by another orthodontist who was retiring and I did my research and went to a number of practices before deciding to work with him. My oldest had a situation which can be tricky and the ultimate outcome isn't really guaranteed but he is 19 now and flashes a pretty handsome grin, if I do say so myself. All that terrible shyness and anxiety about his bite and how he looked (lower teeth closing in front of uppers) has been long ago forgotten. We moved but continued to travel to see him because I just wouldn't go anywhere else. He also happens to be a very nice guy and the office folks are also great.
We'll i tink this is the best place i have for my son ALEX LOPEZ he's AUTISTIC and they know how to treat him, , I really I appreciate it everybody in that place are very very nice they treat us with a lot of courtesy thank you dr. Wilson we keep in touch Maria and Alex
Smile For a Lifetime Foundation
Who We Are:
Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who chooses patients to be treated by the Foundation.
- Reside in Novato or San Rafael
- Be between the ages of 10 – 21*
- Be experiencing a financial hardship (If chosen, proof of income or financial hardship will be required prior to treatment: W-2, Income tax return, SSI award letter, TANF grant letter, etc.)
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices and a dental hygiene check-up in the past 6 months
- Have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces
- Currently be enrolled in school (if age appropriate for K-12th grade)
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Follow and abide by treatment plan set forth by Dr. Don Wilson and the contract attached
- Demonstrate a willingness to get involved in the community through extracurricular activities and/or volunteer service
- Have positive letters of recommendation from at least two community leaders and/or teachers
*The board may consider exceptions under the “special circumstances” clause. Please speak with a S4L representative for more information.
*Please do not schedule an exam prior to the application deadline since an exam will be part of the selection process if you are chosen to proceed to that phase.
Our mission at Smile for a Lifetime is to create self confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community with the gift of a smile.
Dr. Don Wilson is the founder of the Novato/San Rafael Chapter of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. He is an orthodontic specialist and practices in Novato, California. For more about Dr. Don, click here.
Our Board Members are as diverse as the communities we serve; however, leadership and passion for community improvements are characteristics they all share.
Charis Santillie – Board President Kaleidoscope
Nancy Rosell – Board Secretary Rosell Specialties
Nanci Turnbull – Board Treasurer Turnbull Advisors
Anjali Singh ASL Insurance Group, Inc.
Bill Hosking Benefield Realty
Dana Wieser Good Shepherd Lutheran School
Laura Trahan, MS, CCC-SLP Marin County Office of Education
Mahr Elder, DDS, MD Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Mike Haas, CPA Haas & Reaney, LLP
Morgan Hoburg San Francisco Bar Pilot
Roger Vosburg Attorney at Law
Todd Farber ABC7
Chikara Motomura Motomura Media
Special thanks for services donated by: Dr. Mahr Elder, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon; Kim Vogee, Marin Orthodontics
- Deadline to submit applications for orthodontic scholarships is May 1st
- If your application is incomplete, it will NOT be considered in the selection process.
- A local board of directors chooses the scholars, and the process is competitive. Scholarships are limited and based on financial need, orthodontic need, and a complete and accurate application. Selection is based on the information provided within the application packet (i.e. commentary, personal essay, character, and accompanying letters of recommendation, dental referral form, report card, photos), as well as in-person evaluation/screening appointments.