Dr Wilson and staff have treated my 4 boys for the past 4 years! Each boy has had different issues (including a tooth growing in sideways under his nose). My boys our one has been a huge success! All the stages and processes we have been through with each boy has been very easy & very professional! They are always on time and very welcoming. I’ve never felt more comfortable in an office with so many people/staff who care about my boys. My boys teeth are beautiful! I definitely give the 5 stars! You can tell they all love their job which always benefits the patients! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
My son had an issue with his wire poking his cheek and I was unable to get him into see his regular orthodontist. A friend recommended Wilson and Kim to assist in the mean time. Dr. Kim reached out, offered to see my son, and was able to get it taken care of. Dr. Kim was very helpful, and followed up to make sure my son was doing okay. A great experience!
There is such joy and happiness felt at each visit to see Dr. Wilson, Dr. Kim and the entire staff. I feel like I am with friends and family by the way they treat me and all their patients. There is no better place to come to improve a smile and I always leave the office with a smile. I feel like their office is one of the happiest places on earth!
Best orthodontist office in town. The office is beautiful with state of the art technology. The entire staff is amazing. Dr Don has worked on 2 of my kids and has been incredible through each. He really cares about his patients and gets to know them.
I can’t say enough good things about these Dr.’s and the staff. Always kind, friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We interviewed 3 orthodontists before choosing, none could compare. We drive all the way from Fairfax to see Dr. Wilson and Kim. They also donate to schools outside of their own community which is a big plus!
Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19
Dear Friends and Family of Wilson & Kim Orthodontics,
Thank you for being a valued family member of Wilson & Kim Orthodontics. We miss seeing you! Our office is temporarily closed until May 31st due to COVID-19. We want to thank everyone who sent us well wishes during the shelter-in-place. You care about us as much as we care about you!
Due to the rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we know that you might have some questions about how the shelter-in-place may affect your orthodontic care. We are here to support you and will continue to find new ways to provide you with the highest quality orthodontic care.
Is Wilson & Kim Orthodontics CLOSED Due To COVID-19?
Our physical doors may be closed for the safety of our community, but our practice is still very much open! We are available by phone, text, virtual care calls, and Google Meetings to keep your orthodontic treatment moving. Our team is diligently at work during the wee hours of the night and during the day answering your questions. We are still very much open and are going to continue to give everyone more reasons to smile!
Will This Delay My Orthodontic Treatment?
We’re happy to tell you that your orthodontic treatment is still active and your tooth movement is progressing during this time.
What Do I Do If I’m Running Out Of My Invisalign Aligners or Rubber Bands?
If you are an Invisalign patient and need more aligners, we offer curbside pickup every Wednesday between 12-12:30 PM near the main entranceway in the rear parking lot. Text us at (415) 878-0240 with any question and we’ll be happy to get back to you as soon as we can. The good news is your treatment will continue to progress even though we aren’t able to see you in person right now.
I Had An Appointment Coming Up – Now What?
We will reschedule all appointments as soon as it becomes safe to do so. We deeply care about you! If you would like to talk about your treatment or schedule a video conference call, please text us at (415) 878-0240. We also offer virtual consultations for new patients.
What Should I Do If I’m Scheduled To Start Treatment Soon?
We are excited for all our patients to take this big step and look forward to seeing your new smile at the completion. We are hopeful that the current situation will turn around soon. When this situation has stabilized, we are going be ready for you!
How Should I Proceed If I’m Wearing Invisalign Aligners?
- If you no longer have aligners to continue to your next week, simply reduce your aligner wear to serve as a retainer by wearing them 12-14 hours per day. (This will ensure that your teeth stay in place and help your aligner last longer.)
- Please wear your aligners as instructed to progress through your treatment.
- Use chewies every time you insert the aligners (and not just the first few days).
- Check for visible spaces between your tooth and the aligner before moving to next aligner.
- If a visible space is present between your tooth and the aligner, use your chewies to bite and hold to seat your aligners.
- For best treatment result, bite into your chewie for 10 seconds on every tooth and work it around all your teeth lightly biting and holding for a total 10-minute session.
- When our office reopens, we will make a new digital scan for new aligners if necessary.
I Heard You’re Seeing Patients For Only Emergencies? What Do I Do?
- Elective (non-essential) procedures include a broken bracket, a pokey wire, or a missing rubber band hook, or other non-emergencies. Text us at (415) 878-0240 and we’ll gladly help you with an easy fix at home, send you video instructions, or schedule a virtual care call to walk you through handling your concerns.
- Per government officials’ orders and guidelines of the American Dental Association, we are to provide only non-elective emergency care during this time. True orthodontic emergencies include facial trauma, infection, and severe orofacial pain. Our emergency phone number is 415-878-0322.
I Lost Or Broke My Retainer or Aligner. What Should I Do?
It is always important to wear your retainers as instructed. Text our office and a team member will contact you to see how we can proceed. If you lost your aligner or it’s broken, go to the next aligner and text us a picture so that we can check the fit.
I Have a Poking Wire or My Bracket Came Off. What Do I Do?
- If you have a poking wire, use wax for temporary relief. If that doesn’t help, we will gladly text you an easy fix at home with a cuticle trimmer or nail clipper. Don’t worry. We can even do a virtual care call to walk you through the instructions.
- If your bracket is loose, it’s OK! We will fix it when the office reopens after the mandated closure.
I Have A New Patient Exam Or An Observation Appointment Coming Up. What Should I Do About That?
This is where the beauty of modern technology comes in. We offer virtual consultations for busy families and patients during these unusual times. After the preliminary virtual consultation, we will set a convenient time for you to come to our office for additional records and to confirm your treatment plan. For those of you who would still prefer to have exams done in person, we will reschedule your appointment when the situation returns to normal. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We wish you all good health, and we can’t wait to see you again in person real soon! Until then, we look forward to continuing to serve you with the same level of customer service you have come to expect virtually! Rest assured that your safety and health and our team are our top priority. Please visit our website, Facebook page, or Instagram for latest updates. Together we will get through this and come out stronger.
-Dr. Don, Dr. Kim, and Team