What Our Patients Are Saying!
Dr. Don Wilson and his staff have been absolutely wonderful! When we first walked into their office for a consultation, my daughter needed a lot of work in order to get her smile in line but Dr Don assured the both of us that they were up for the task and boy did they exceed our expectations! Not only did we leave their office today braces free (removed earlier than planned) but my daughter was so excited and exclaimed that she felt like a whole new person and loved the person looking back in the mirror. I definitely recommend Dr. Don to anyone, everyone there is full of such caring and vibrant personalities and will take such good care of you or your child’s needs!
Dr. Wilson took us aboard about 2 years ago. His method of assessing our family's teeth was thorough and meticulous. When necessary, he made sure that he took X-Rays from different angles in order to get the best prognosis and course of treatment for our 'disorderly' teeth.
Throughout our treatment, we had to come to him many times, without advanced appointment, because we broke certain thread or braces. He and his crew always had time for us.
When we moved 3-hours away and about to go to school outside the US, Dr. Wilson consulted our initial X-Rays and course of treatment, and adjusted his schedule according to our plan! The result of his treatment was FIVE STARS!
Thank you, Dr. Wilson. We will be back...
My experience having adult braces from Dr. Wilson and team was Wonderful and left me with a smile I am proud of. His attention to detail and expertise is hard to find. I would highly recommend him anyone looking for a quality orthodontist that wants it done right the first time. His prices are extremely affordable for the latest technology in dental care. The office is creatively designed and the team is a close nit family that makes you feel welcomed and special every time.
I am a 42 year old woman that had braces when I was younger but my teeth started to shift a few years ago. I had heard that Dr Don was “the best” in Novato so I didn’t bother to check out the competition and went with a complete set of metal braces since I wanted to move things along quickly. I absolutely cannot find fault with anything that their office does. It’s very apparent that they take great strides to ensure that each patient receives the highest quality of care and attention. I am thrilled with the results and am receiving compliments on my *perfect* teeth daily. I’m so happy that I went to “the best” guy in town. Thank you Dr Don for my big, white, beautiful smile!
We've worked with Dr. Don and his amazing staff over the last five years as both of our kids have had braces. Dr. Don is one of those people who can make an instant connection with a kid that just makes the whole process so much easier. I can't imagine having worked with anyone else. Thank you Dr. Don!
Smile For a Lifetime Foundation
Who We Are:
Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who chooses patients to be treated by the Foundation.
- Reside in Novato or San Rafael
- Be between the ages of 10 – 21*
- Be experiencing a financial hardship (If chosen, proof of income or financial hardship will be required prior to treatment: W-2, Income tax return, SSI award letter, TANF grant letter, etc.)
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices and a dental hygiene check-up in the past 6 months
- Have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces
- Currently be enrolled in school (if age appropriate for K-12th grade)
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Follow and abide by treatment plan set forth by Dr. Don Wilson and the contract attached
- Demonstrate a willingness to get involved in the community through extracurricular activities and/or volunteer service
- Have positive letters of recommendation from at least two community leaders and/or teachers
*The board may consider exceptions under the “special circumstances” clause. Please speak with a S4L representative for more information.
*Please do not schedule an exam prior to the application deadline since an exam will be part of the selection process if you are chosen to proceed to that phase.
Our mission at Smile for a Lifetime is to create self confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community with the gift of a smile.
Dr. Don Wilson is the founder of the Novato/San Rafael Chapter of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. He is an orthodontic specialist and practices in Novato, California. For more about Dr. Don, click here.
Our Board Members are as diverse as the communities we serve; however, leadership and passion for community improvements are characteristics they all share.
Charis Santillie – Board President Kaleidoscope
Nancy Rosell – Board Secretary Rosell Specialties
Nanci Turnbull – Board Treasurer Turnbull Advisors
Anjali Singh ASL Insurance Group, Inc.
Bill Hosking Benefield Realty
Dana Wieser Good Shepherd Lutheran School
Laura Trahan, MS, CCC-SLP Marin County Office of Education
Mahr Elder, DDS, MD Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Mike Haas, CPA Haas & Reaney, LLP
Morgan Hoburg San Francisco Bar Pilot
Roger Vosburg Attorney at Law
Todd Farber ABC7
Chikara Motomura Motomura Media
Special thanks for services donated by: Dr. Mahr Elder, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon; Kim Vogee, Marin Orthodontics
- Deadline to submit applications for orthodontic scholarships is May 1st
- If your application is incomplete, it will NOT be considered in the selection process.
- A local board of directors chooses the scholars, and the process is competitive. Scholarships are limited and based on financial need, orthodontic need, and a complete and accurate application. Selection is based on the information provided within the application packet (i.e. commentary, personal essay, character, and accompanying letters of recommendation, dental referral form, report card, photos), as well as in-person evaluation/screening appointments.