What Our Patients Are Saying!
Dr. Wilson and his staff are so great! Not only did they give me a great smile, but they were always so nice, funny, and caring--and provided a great atmosphere for everyone around them. They constantly made sure that I was comfortable and relaxed whenever I was there, and with a movie always playing right above me while I was being worked on, I actually had fun, too! It really is the best orthodontist office to be in.
To top it off, Dr. Wilson gave me an AMAZING smile, which, truthfully, I always get complimented on. He is such a perfectionist in his work--at the end of my treatment, he even went so far to make sure to move my teeth a fraction of a centimeter one way to make my teeth perfect! I truly, truly recommend him as an orthodontist.
Dr. Don was our Orthodontist of choice for 13 years straight. We consistently had a child in braces starting with our oldest son and ending last year when our youngest daughter had her braces removed. It was always a pleasure visiting Dr. Don's office. We love Dr. Don, his friendly staff, and his inviting, fun and comfortable office!! To top it off, our children have beautiful smiles, or more beautiful because of Dr. Don & Staff. We highly recommend his practice, if you are in need of orthodontia.
Dr Don is truly the "Rock Star of Orthodontists" both of my daughters' teeth were perfect by the time treatment ended; Dr Don is very kind and a true perfectionist and it shows in his work. Not only was the end result as expected we also enjoyed our office visits because the staff are so friendly, patient, kind and funny. The waiting area is enjoyable with the entertainment of the Kaleidoscope TV, magazines, tea and coffee. It really was relaxing while I waited for my girls to finish up. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Don and his fantastic staff.
Wow!! I was really wondering if Dr. Wilson would be able to fix my teeth/bite. He did! What a wonderful office. Great staff, really made me feel welcome every visit. Highly recommended!
Dr. Don and team are amazing. They always bring a very personal level of care to whatever they do. They are consummate professionals while maintaining a very human touch. I highly recommend them and their work.
Smile For a Lifetime Foundation
Who We Are:
Smile for a Lifetime Foundation is a charitable non-profit organization that provides orthodontic care to individuals who may not have the opportunity to acquire assistance. Launched in 2008, Smile for a Lifetime Foundation aims to reach individuals with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs. The Foundation sponsors the orthodontic care of hundreds of patients each year. Smile for a Lifetime Foundation has participating orthodontists throughout the US. Each chapter has its own local Board of Directors who chooses patients to be treated by the Foundation.
- Reside in Novato or San Rafael
- Be between the ages of 10 – 21*
- Be experiencing a financial hardship (If chosen, proof of income or financial hardship will be required prior to treatment: W-2, Income tax return, SSI award letter, TANF grant letter, etc.)
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices and a dental hygiene check-up in the past 6 months
- Have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces
- Currently be enrolled in school (if age appropriate for K-12th grade)
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Follow and abide by treatment plan set forth by Dr. Don Wilson and the contract attached
- Demonstrate a willingness to get involved in the community through extracurricular activities and/or volunteer service
- Have positive letters of recommendation from at least two community leaders and/or teachers
*The board may consider exceptions under the “special circumstances” clause. Please speak with a S4L representative for more information.
*Please do not schedule an exam prior to the application deadline since an exam will be part of the selection process if you are chosen to proceed to that phase.
Our mission at Smile for a Lifetime is to create self confidence, inspire hope, and change the lives of children in our community with the gift of a smile.
Dr. Don Wilson is the founder of the Novato/San Rafael Chapter of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. He is an orthodontic specialist and practices in Novato, California. For more about Dr. Don, click here.
Our Board Members are as diverse as the communities we serve; however, leadership and passion for community improvements are characteristics they all share.
Charis Santillie – Board President Kaleidoscope
Nancy Rosell – Board Secretary Rosell Specialties
Nanci Turnbull – Board Treasurer Turnbull Advisors
Anjali Singh ASL Insurance Group, Inc.
Bill Hosking Benefield Realty
Dana Wieser Good Shepherd Lutheran School
Laura Trahan, MS, CCC-SLP Marin County Office of Education
Mahr Elder, DDS, MD Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Mike Haas, CPA Haas & Reaney, LLP
Morgan Hoburg San Francisco Bar Pilot
Roger Vosburg Attorney at Law
Todd Farber ABC7
Chikara Motomura Motomura Media
Special thanks for services donated by: Dr. Mahr Elder, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon; Kim Vogee, Marin Orthodontics
Application for 2018 will be posted by January 1st
- Deadline to submit applications for orthodontic scholarships is April 1st
- If your application is incomplete, it will NOT be considered in the selection process.
- A local board of directors chooses the scholars, and the process is competitive. Scholarships are limited and based on financial need, orthodontic need, and a complete and accurate application. Selection is based on the information provided within the application packet (i.e. commentary, personal essay, character, and accompanying letters of recommendation, dental referral form, report card, photos), as well as in-person evaluation/screening appointments.