I conducted a lot of research before I chose Wilson and Kim. They have been true to their word and they are excellent orthodontists. The entire team is so attentive and caring. As a working adult, I also appreciate their efficiency - they are always on time with my appointments. It's a very well oiled machine! I am in good hands. Highly recommend.
Most fabulous and kind orthodontists and staff who do the most wonderful job. I am low income and they made it very easy and affordable. I love these people !
I have a wonderful experience every time I step foot in this office. Tiffany and the front desk is so personable and remembers me, which makes me feel special! I’ve met both Dr. Kim and Dr. Wilson, and they both always make sure I’m doing well, even if I don’t necessarily need to see them at each appointment. This place has some of the best hospitality and customer service I’ve experienced (and I work in food service)! Always refreshing to see and hear all the staff- I leave with a smile every visit!
We are proud to provide orthodontic care every year to children and young adults with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs.
- Be between the ages of 10 – 21*
- Be experiencing a financial hardship (If chosen, proof of income or financial hardship will be required prior to treatment: W-2, Income tax return, SSI award letter, TANF grant letter, etc.)
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices and a dental hygiene check-up in the past 6 months
- Have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces
- Currently be enrolled in school (if age appropriate for K-12th grade)
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Follow and abide by treatment plan set forth by our doctors
- Demonstrate a willingness to get involved in the community through extracurricular activities and/or volunteer service
- Have positive letters of recommendation from at least two community leaders and/or teachers
*We may consider exceptions under special circumstances. Please submit a letter to our office to explain your situation.
**Please do not schedule an exam prior to the application deadline since an exam will be part of the selection process if you are chosen to proceed to that phase.
***Special thanks for services donated by: Dr. Mahr Elder, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon; Kim Vogee, Marin Orthodontics.
- Deadline to submit applications for orthodontic scholarships is May 1st, each year.
- If your application is incomplete, it will NOT be considered in the selection process.
- Scholarships are limited and based on financial need, orthodontic need, and a complete and accurate application. Selection is based on the information provided within the application packet (i.e. commentary, personal essay, character, and accompanying letters of recommendation, dental referral form, report card, photos), as well as in-person evaluation/screening appointments.