I’m over joyed to have found this place. The staff is so amazing. Really friendly and helpful. They made me and my daughter feel so welcomed and gave us a lot of information and advice. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an orthodontics. I called around to other places and even over the phone you could feel how welcoming this place is. I’m extremely happy with the service and overall atmosphere and experience.
The Wilson and Kim Orthodontist team are such wonderful, kind, funny and caring people! This was the first place I came to look for braces and after our very first meeting, my parent and I decided to commit to this office 😀 and we do not regret making this decision! I came in at 17 y/o and my treatment lasted 22 months. At age 19, I got them off and I fell in love with my new smile. I also got a DISCOUNT for my braces just for being a patient at the MARIN COMMUNITY CLINIC! They also speak Spanish! Both the assistants and Dr. Wilson which is a plus! Every time I came in, they always greeted me with a smile and kindness, and both Dr. Wilson and Dr. Kim took care of me. They listened to my concerns and helped me resolve them. A year and a half later, my smile is still straight and doing great! No complaints. I honestly miss coming into to their office, but they made it clear I can always come back for any help or for renewing my retainers. My uncle is currently a patient here too, and he also enjoys the care the office gives him. COME HERE EVERYONE FOR EXCELLENT BRACES - not kidding!
Getting braces in college wasn’t something I was super excited about, but Dr. Wilson and team made it a genuinely enjoyable experience! I looked forward to visits and always felt so welcomed into the office. When Dr. Kim joined the team, he too made me feel welcomed and well taken care of! You could tell that everyone who worked there loved being a part of the team. I’m so happy with how my teeth look today thanks to Doctors Wilson and Kim! They made the whole process as painless as possible.
We are proud to provide orthodontic care every year to children and young adults with financial challenges, special situations, and orthodontic needs.
- Be between the ages of 10 – 21*
- Be experiencing a financial hardship (If chosen, proof of income or financial hardship will be required prior to treatment: W-2, Income tax return, SSI award letter, TANF grant letter, etc.)
- Have “good” dental hygiene practices and a dental hygiene check-up in the past 6 months
- Have a functional and/or aesthetic need for braces
- Currently be enrolled in school (if age appropriate for K-12th grade)
- Demonstrate a positive attitude
- Follow and abide by treatment plan set forth by our doctors
- Demonstrate a willingness to get involved in the community through extracurricular activities and/or volunteer service
- Have positive letters of recommendation from at least two community leaders and/or teachers
*We may consider exceptions under special circumstances. Please submit a letter to our office to explain your situation.
**Please do not schedule an exam prior to the application deadline since an exam will be part of the selection process if you are chosen to proceed to that phase.
***Special thanks for services donated by: Dr. Mahr Elder, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon; Kim Vogee, Marin Orthodontics.
- Deadline to submit applications for orthodontic scholarships is May 1st, each year.
- If your application is incomplete, it will NOT be considered in the selection process.
- Scholarships are limited and based on financial need, orthodontic need, and a complete and accurate application. Selection is based on the information provided within the application packet (i.e. commentary, personal essay, character, and accompanying letters of recommendation, dental referral form, report card, photos), as well as in-person evaluation/screening appointments.