Dr. Wilson and his staff are so great! Not only did they give me a great smile, but they were always so nice, funny, and caring--and provided a great atmosphere for everyone around them. They constantly made sure that I was comfortable and relaxed whenever I was there, and with a movie always playing right above me while I was being worked on, I actually had fun, too! It really is the best orthodontist office to be in.
To top it off, Dr. Wilson gave me an AMAZING smile, which, truthfully, I always get complimented on. He is such a perfectionist in his work--at the end of my treatment, he even went so far to make sure to move my teeth a fraction of a centimeter one way to make my teeth perfect! I truly, truly recommend him as an orthodontist.
Dr Don is truly the "Rock Star of Orthodontists" both of my daughters' teeth were perfect by the time treatment ended; Dr Don is very kind and a true perfectionist and it shows in his work. Not only was the end result as expected we also enjoyed our office visits because the staff are so friendly, patient, kind and funny. The waiting area is enjoyable with the entertainment of the Kaleidoscope TV, magazines, tea and coffee. It really was relaxing while I waited for my girls to finish up. I have no hesitation in recommending Dr Don and his fantastic staff.
Dr. Don and team are amazing. They always bring a very personal level of care to whatever they do. They are consummate professionals while maintaining a very human touch. I highly recommend them and their work.
Five stars isn't enough. Dr. Wilson and his staff are amazing people! I've been really happy from the way they have treated my son. The staff is really friendly and professional, they even take the extra steps to make you comfortable. They were very flexible to schedule the appointments. But the most important thing is that he does a great job. We are really happy with Eric's new smile after the removal of his braces.
If you are looking for a new orthodontist or considering checking out Dr. Wilson, do it! I promise you won't be disapointed.
Novato is so lucky to have an orthodontist with the skill, value and professionalism of Dr. Wilson! With 6 patients in my family, I can tell you Dr. Wilson does equally well with the simple cases and the complicated cases. He's great at what he does and uses top-notch equipment. As a result, there aren't any surprises, just beautiful teeth when he's done. His staff is equally amazing and puts everyone at ease (kids and adults). Everyone should take advantage of Dr. Wilson's offer to see kids starting at age 7 for free. This helps him decide when to start treatment and can save teeth and tears.
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don loves to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.