I have a wonderful experience every time I step foot in this office. Tiffany and the front desk is so personable and remembers me, which makes me feel special! I’ve met both Dr. Kim and Dr. Wilson, and they both always make sure I’m doing well, even if I don’t necessarily need to see them at each appointment. This place has some of the best hospitality and customer service I’ve experienced (and I work in food service)! Always refreshing to see and hear all the staff- I leave with a smile every visit!
My braces journey was a breeze with this amazing team!! Everyone is always so friendly and in a positive mood! Aside from all the great staff my favorite part was stepping into my childhood for a couple of minutes because of all the great movies they play!
My phone calls & texts were always answered when I had questions. I have nothing but good comments! Walking into this office was the best decision I’ve ever made, I am in love with my smile!!
If you’re even thinking about it, YES THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!!
Dr. Kim runs a wonderful orthodontics practice. He is very thorough and precise, and the office has all the latest technology. His staff are competent and helpful and bill our insurance for us. Everyone is kind, and it’s always fun to go for a visit. I highly recommend Wilson and Kim Orthodontics!
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don and Dr. Kim love to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.
Call or e-mail us to schedule an appointment for a complimentary examination. You’ll enter smiling and leave laughing when you have an appointment with Dr. Don, Dr. Kim and their caring, fun loving team.