Dr. Don and his team are amazing! My son just finished 26 months of treatment and his smile is nothing short of perfect! I am so pleased with his results but even more impressed with the family environment that Dr. Don provides in his practice! I personally was a pacient over 10 years ago and I’m still greeted by everyone on a first name basis! If you are in search of the best orthopedic experience, this is where you need to be. You will not be disappointed!
Dr. Don Wilson and his staff have been absolutely wonderful! When we first walked into their office for a consultation, my daughter needed a lot of work in order to get her smile in line but Dr Don assured the both of us that they were up for the task and boy did they exceed our expectations! Not only did we leave their office today braces free (removed earlier than planned) but my daughter was so excited and exclaimed that she felt like a whole new person and loved the person looking back in the mirror. I definitely recommend Dr. Don to anyone, everyone there is full of such caring and vibrant personalities and will take such good care of you or your child’s needs!
although i didn’t end up getting work done, Dr Wilson deserves 5 stars for his honest consultation and patient explanation of my teeth. really proves that he wants what’s best for his patients - no pressure to get any work done. thanks!
My experience having adult braces from Dr. Wilson and team was Wonderful and left me with a smile I am proud of. His attention to detail and expertise is hard to find. I would highly recommend him anyone looking for a quality orthodontist that wants it done right the first time. His prices are extremely affordable for the latest technology in dental care. The office is creatively designed and the team is a close nit family that makes you feel welcomed and special every time.
Dr. Wilson took us aboard about 2 years ago. His method of assessing our family's teeth was thorough and meticulous. When necessary, he made sure that he took X-Rays from different angles in order to get the best prognosis and course of treatment for our 'disorderly' teeth.
Throughout our treatment, we had to come to him many times, without advanced appointment, because we broke certain thread or braces. He and his crew always had time for us.
When we moved 3-hours away and about to go to school outside the US, Dr. Wilson consulted our initial X-Rays and course of treatment, and adjusted his schedule according to our plan! The result of his treatment was FIVE STARS!
Thank you, Dr. Wilson. We will be back...
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don loves to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.