Dr Wilson and staff have treated my 4 boys for the past 4 years! Each boy has had different issues (including a tooth growing in sideways under his nose). My boys our one has been a huge success! All the stages and processes we have been through with each boy has been very easy & very professional! They are always on time and very welcoming. I’ve never felt more comfortable in an office with so many people/staff who care about my boys. My boys teeth are beautiful! I definitely give the 5 stars! You can tell they all love their job which always benefits the patients! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
My son had an issue with his wire poking his cheek and I was unable to get him into see his regular orthodontist. A friend recommended Wilson and Kim to assist in the mean time. Dr. Kim reached out, offered to see my son, and was able to get it taken care of. Dr. Kim was very helpful, and followed up to make sure my son was doing okay. A great experience!
There is such joy and happiness felt at each visit to see Dr. Wilson, Dr. Kim and the entire staff. I feel like I am with friends and family by the way they treat me and all their patients. There is no better place to come to improve a smile and I always leave the office with a smile. I feel like their office is one of the happiest places on earth!
Best orthodontist office in town. The office is beautiful with state of the art technology. The entire staff is amazing. Dr Don has worked on 2 of my kids and has been incredible through each. He really cares about his patients and gets to know them.
I can’t say enough good things about these Dr.’s and the staff. Always kind, friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We interviewed 3 orthodontists before choosing, none could compare. We drive all the way from Fairfax to see Dr. Wilson and Kim. They also donate to schools outside of their own community which is a big plus!
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don and Dr. Kim love to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.
Call or e-mail us to schedule an appointment for a complimentary examination. You’ll enter smiling and leave laughing when you have an appointment with Dr. Don, Dr. Kim and their caring, fun loving team.