The best orthodontist practice in Novato. Great orthodontic care, great results. Great service, very accommodating and helpful, always.
Convenient location, staff is super nice, and professional treatment. Was never talked down to, always answered all questions and very easy experience.
I have to start out by saying that not only do my son's teeth look perfect, I am SO impressed with how friendly and welcoming the office staff has been. We went for consultations once a year for about 3 years that were done at no charge. When the time came, the payment plan was easy and painless. For us, the whole experience was just wonderful. Every visit was pleasant and it was always such a great environment. Disney movies were always on and everyone always seemed so happy to be there. Also, we were told the treatment would be 24 months and he ended up getting the braces off almost a month early so that was a plus. Dr. Don and his office are the BEST!
Dr. Wilson is the best orthodontist in the Bay Area. I've been on invisalign and couldn't be happier with the results. If you're looking for a great smile and amazing customer service, be sure to go here!
Dr. Don and his team are amazing! My son just finished 26 months of treatment and his smile is nothing short of perfect! I am so pleased with his results but even more impressed with the family environment that Dr. Don provides in his practice! I personally was a pacient over 10 years ago and I’m still greeted by everyone on a first name basis! If you are in search of the best orthopedic experience, this is where you need to be. You will not be disappointed!
Dr. Don Wilson and his staff have been absolutely wonderful! When we first walked into their office for a consultation, my daughter needed a lot of work in order to get her smile in line but Dr Don assured the both of us that they were up for the task and boy did they exceed our expectations! Not only did we leave their office today braces free (removed earlier than planned) but my daughter was so excited and exclaimed that she felt like a whole new person and loved the person looking back in the mirror. I definitely recommend Dr. Don to anyone, everyone there is full of such caring and vibrant personalities and will take such good care of you or your child’s needs!
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don loves to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.