Most fabulous and kind orthodontists and staff who do the most wonderful job. I am low income and they made it very easy and affordable. I love these people !
Wilson & Kim Orthodontics is such a great place and I highly recommend going here. Everyone is super friendly and reassuring. There’s such a nice and positive environment that takes place in the office and I honestly couldn’t be more happy bringing my son here. Not once have I seen anyone in a bad mood. My son has such a beautiful smile, and it’s all thanks to them. There’s nothing that could buy the happiness that I feel seeing my son smile every time with his gorgeous smile. My son is always greeted with smiles all around the office and honestly, everyone in the office feels like family. It’s a great place, and I recommend it to everyone. 5/5. Amazing place.
Tiffany is super awesome and very kind and she truly makes you feel like family. I had visited other orthodontic offices for a consult, but none compare to the level of care, empathy and kindness that I received at Wilson and Kim orthodontics. Dr. Kim is extraordinary and the best orthodontist that I have ever met. Dr. Kim is very knowledgeable and he goes out of his way to help his patients and provide the best treatment options. What I love the most about Dr. Kim is that he took the time to listen to all my health concerns and why I was hesitant to start orthodontic treatment and he made sure that I got all my questions answered before moving forward with my orthodontic treatment. I highly recommend Wilson and Kim orthodontics because they make you feel like family and both Dr. Kim and Dr. Wilson truly care about all their patients.
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don and Dr. Kim love to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.
Call or e-mail us to schedule an appointment for a complimentary examination. You’ll enter smiling and leave laughing when you have an appointment with Dr. Don, Dr. Kim and their caring, fun loving team.