Wonderful staff. All employees, including Don Wilson, are kind and friendly and you never feel rushed or that you are being a hassle if you have lots of questions regarding the procedure, the process, or simply the form you are filing out. I always feel relaxed and confident in the decisions we make together as we think through my children’s dental future.
My family is so happy we chose them as our orthodontist. They’ve done an amazing job physically with the teeth and really meet the emotional needs of my ‘sensitive’ child. Every time we walk out of there, she comes out and says how much she liked talking to them. They’ve been so great and I highly recommend them. Their entire staff goes above and beyond to create a good environment. They are great with responding to emergency appts and communicate well with both me and my child.
My daughter has had the best care with Dr Wilson, Dr Kim and their entire staff. They have supported her through 2 sets of braces, retainers, a bike accident (involving her teeth of course), wisdom teeth removal and more. They have guided, coached and cared for her like family for more than half her life thus far. She enjoys her checkups especially Dr Don with his fun personality, always a huge smile when he see’s her, ready with a hug if you need one and lots of high fives for a job well done.
Above all, they support many families and kids in our community that would have never had the chance for a beautiful smile without them.
Wilson and Kim is wonderful! Each visit is thorough and efficient. They do not push for othondontia until the timing is right for the child. We have always had an excellent experience.
I interviewed several orthodontists in Novato, and I am utterly pleased with the level of expertise & support we have consistently received from doctors Wilson and Kim over the past year. Super friendly staff, extremely knowledgeable, patient & pleasant doctors, and we’re always treated as if we’re celebrities in their practice! 😊 I wholeheartedly recommend doctors Wilson & Kim for top of the line orthodontic care.
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don and Dr. Kim love to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.
Call or e-mail us to schedule an appointment for a complimentary examination. You’ll enter smiling and leave laughing when you have an appointment with Dr. Don, Dr. Kim and their caring, fun loving team.