What Our Patients Are Saying!
My experience having adult braces from Dr. Wilson and team was Wonderful and left me with a smile I am proud of. His attention to detail and expertise is hard to find. I would highly recommend him anyone looking for a quality orthodontist that wants it done right the first time. His prices are extremely affordable for the latest technology in dental care. The office is creatively designed and the team is a close nit family that makes you feel welcomed and special every time.
I am a 42 year old woman that had braces when I was younger but my teeth started to shift a few years ago. I had heard that Dr Don was “the best” in Novato so I didn’t bother to check out the competition and went with a complete set of metal braces since I wanted to move things along quickly. I absolutely cannot find fault with anything that their office does. It’s very apparent that they take great strides to ensure that each patient receives the highest quality of care and attention. I am thrilled with the results and am receiving compliments on my *perfect* teeth daily. I’m so happy that I went to “the best” guy in town. Thank you Dr Don for my big, white, beautiful smile!
I'm never more excited to attend a medical/dentist appointment than when I'm coming to this wonderful office. Every single employee here is incredibly positive, respectful, and great at what they do. Ask them yourself - I sometimes stop by and bug them with the smallest requests or questions just to be in that uplifting and supportive environment. There's a reason they get such consistently positive reviews!
Dr. Wilson and his crew are amazing. They truly have the best interest of the client at heart, even if it takes longer or is more difficult. My daughter has been very challenging and they have shown extreme patience and understanding with us, and have proven themselves over and over to be an office with heart, compassion, patience and of course, skill. I can't recommend them highly enough!
We've worked with Dr. Don and his amazing staff over the last five years as both of our kids have had braces. Dr. Don is one of those people who can make an instant connection with a kid that just makes the whole process so much easier. I can't imagine having worked with anyone else. Thank you Dr. Don!
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don loves to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.