I’m over joyed to have found this place. The staff is so amazing. Really friendly and helpful. They made me and my daughter feel so welcomed and gave us a lot of information and advice. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an orthodontics. I called around to other places and even over the phone you could feel how welcoming this place is. I’m extremely happy with the service and overall atmosphere and experience.
The Wilson and Kim Orthodontist team are such wonderful, kind, funny and caring people! This was the first place I came to look for braces and after our very first meeting, my parent and I decided to commit to this office 😀 and we do not regret making this decision! I came in at 17 y/o and my treatment lasted 22 months. At age 19, I got them off and I fell in love with my new smile. I also got a DISCOUNT for my braces just for being a patient at the MARIN COMMUNITY CLINIC! They also speak Spanish! Both the assistants and Dr. Wilson which is a plus! Every time I came in, they always greeted me with a smile and kindness, and both Dr. Wilson and Dr. Kim took care of me. They listened to my concerns and helped me resolve them. A year and a half later, my smile is still straight and doing great! No complaints. I honestly miss coming into to their office, but they made it clear I can always come back for any help or for renewing my retainers. My uncle is currently a patient here too, and he also enjoys the care the office gives him. COME HERE EVERYONE FOR EXCELLENT BRACES - not kidding!
You will not find anyone better in Marin County.
This doctor is a perfectionist and it will show in your child’s final results.
I went to another orthodontist prior to finding Dr.wilson
and there was a clear difference in knowledge and expertise.
My brother’s child had an extreme dental malformation. They
came all the way from SF to see Dr. Wilson and the results were
Amazing! My Nephew’s teeth are perfect!
We are on our third child being treated by Dr. Wilson
and I cannot say enough about this wonderful doctor
and His Office staff. Trust me when I tell you he is fantastic.
You will not be disappointed!
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don and Dr. Kim love to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.
Call or e-mail us to schedule an appointment for a complimentary examination. You’ll enter smiling and leave laughing when you have an appointment with Dr. Don, Dr. Kim and their caring, fun loving team.