We have had three people in our family go through braces with Dr. Don. Aside from his attention for perfection he makes you feel so welcomed. I watch the way he interacts with the kids and the parents. I think it is so important the way he takes the time to explain to the kids exactly why he is doing what he is doing and what they can expect in all areas. He holds them accountable for taking care of their teeth. We have just loved our experience. Bitter sweet to be leaving soon.
Dr Wilson and is team are absolutely the best. Took great care of me. Made my smile at every visit and then made my smile look better in the end. Fun, welcoming office with a lot of engagement.
Going on a year being a patient here, and it is one of the best decisions I have made. As an adult, looking for an orthodontist office was not the easiest—but going here makes it easy. I am always well taken care of from longer procedures to important basics...like making my next appointment. Most recently, they paused my treatment for several important life events & did so without hesitation which I am very appreciative of. Everyone is professional and combine that with the positive environment they create, it really feels like my Invisalign treatment is a priority.
We have finally finished our orthodontics with both kids! It was such a great experience working with Dr. Don and his amazing team. They are simply the best and we're so grateful we used them for our children's orthodontics. Their teeth look beautiful. Thank you for everything!!
Outstanding Dr. and very nice staff. Did a great job with my son and now doing a great job with my daughter. Very complicated case and seeing very good results. 5 STAR!
Adults and Orthodontics
You’re never too old for a new, healthier smile.
- Do you hide your mouth when you smile?
- Do you wish you had straighter teeth? Healthier teeth?
- Would you like to ‘light up a room’ with your smile?
Watch the videos below to learn more about getting orthodontic treatment as an adult.
Adults and Orthodontics
Beyond Cosmetic: Achieving Health and Beauty through Orthodontics
Maybe you didn’t get the braces you needed when you were a child. Maybe you did get braces, but you didn’t wear your retainers, and your teeth shifted back into their old alignment. Either way, we can help.
Many adults think braces are only for kids, but that’s not true anymore—30% of our patients are adults. The number of adults seeking orthodontic treatment is increasing each year.
Dr. Don loves to work with adults. Frequently, they’re even more excited than kids with their new smiles because they’ve tolerated their crooked teeth for so long. Adults are also realizing the importance of straight teeth for proper function, oral health, and overall health.
As long as your teeth and gums are healthy, there are many orthodontic conditions that can be treated, including…
- Open Bite – Usually, the front upper and lower teeth don’t touch. This open space causes chewing pressure to be placed on the back teeth, causing chewing to be less efficient. It can also affect the joints of the jaw and cause recurring pain. Excessive rubbing of the teeth may also cause significant tooth wear.
- Overbite – The front lower teeth bite too close or into the gum tissue behind the upper teeth. A deep bite can cause excessive wear of incisors, bone damage and discomfort.
- Overjet – Upper front teeth that protrude beyond normal contact with the lower front teeth, leaving the protruding teeth prone to injury.
- Crossbite – Usually, one set of teeth will either fall inside or outside of the opposing set, leaving teeth out of place when the mouth is closed. Uncorrected crossbite problems can lead to TMJ, premature wear of the teeth, and muscular problems in the jaw.
- Crowding – About 90% of patients have teeth that are crooked, turned, or overlapped. Crowded teeth are more susceptible to decay because they’re more difficult to floss and brush.
- Spacing – The most common concern of patients with wide gaps between teeth is appearance.
- Other conditions – Mouth breathing, nasal breathing, tongue thrust, and tooth grinding (also called bruxism) may be improved with orthodontic treatment.
Braces today aren’t the same as what you may remember. Space age and digital technologies have improved orthodontic appliances and techniques.
Braces brackets are smaller and heat-activated wires, invented by NASA, shift teeth with less friction and more efficiency. This means braces are more comfortable, the treatment times are shorter, and require fewer visits.
Best of all for adults, braces and clear retainers are less visible. Even if you have a career or social commitments that would make visible braces awkward, we can help. There are new materials and appliances that are barely noticeable.
With the options that are available, there’s no reason you shouldn’t have the beautiful, healthy smile you’ve always wanted.