Wonderful staff. All employees, including Don Wilson, are kind and friendly and you never feel rushed or that you are being a hassle if you have lots of questions regarding the procedure, the process, or simply the form you are filing out. I always feel relaxed and confident in the decisions we make together as we think through my children’s dental future.
My family is so happy we chose them as our orthodontist. They’ve done an amazing job physically with the teeth and really meet the emotional needs of my ‘sensitive’ child. Every time we walk out of there, she comes out and says how much she liked talking to them. They’ve been so great and I highly recommend them. Their entire staff goes above and beyond to create a good environment. They are great with responding to emergency appts and communicate well with both me and my child.
My daughter has had the best care with Dr Wilson, Dr Kim and their entire staff. They have supported her through 2 sets of braces, retainers, a bike accident (involving her teeth of course), wisdom teeth removal and more. They have guided, coached and cared for her like family for more than half her life thus far. She enjoys her checkups especially Dr Don with his fun personality, always a huge smile when he see’s her, ready with a hug if you need one and lots of high fives for a job well done.
Above all, they support many families and kids in our community that would have never had the chance for a beautiful smile without them.
Wilson and Kim is wonderful! Each visit is thorough and efficient. They do not push for othondontia until the timing is right for the child. We have always had an excellent experience.
I interviewed several orthodontists in Novato, and I am utterly pleased with the level of expertise & support we have consistently received from doctors Wilson and Kim over the past year. Super friendly staff, extremely knowledgeable, patient & pleasant doctors, and we’re always treated as if we’re celebrities in their practice! 😊 I wholeheartedly recommend doctors Wilson & Kim for top of the line orthodontic care.
Meet Dr. Don Wilson
Dr. Don L Wilson is committed to creating beautiful smiles in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. While he loves to have fun, he also feels it is important to educate patients about their orthodontic treatment, and especially emphasize proper oral hygiene while in braces. He designed the Tooth Token Reward Program to help motivate patients to take great care of their teeth and gums. He treats patients personally at every scheduled appointment and wants to ensure that they feel they are receiving the best care possible, while being ‘part of the family’.
Dr. Don is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. Each year we provide Smile Scholarships to children and young adults who are experiencing financial challenges so that they can receive orthodontic treatment at no charge.
- He attended the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology.
- He received his dental degree with Honors from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco.
- With academic and clinical excellence, he completed his residency and obtained his Masters degree in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. Dr. Don doesn’t just look at the teeth, he also looks at the face and profile, making decisions on what will be best for lip support and overall symmetry.
- In August of 2003, he moved to Marin to create a unique orthodontic practice that prides itself on quality care in a personable environment.
- Dr. Don provides orthodontic treatment for children and adults, utilizing technologies such as Invisalign® and Self-ligating Damon System® Braces. He follows the guidelines of the American Association of Orthodontists and wants to see children at age 7 for an initial complimentary consultation.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Marin County Dental Society
- Marin County Orthopedic Study Group
- Smile for a Lifetime Foundation
On a Personal Note…
Starting his practice in Novato was a natural fit for Dr. Don, as he is a fifth generation Californian. Dr. Don was born and raised in Cupertino, CA, and has always been very active in sports. In high school, he won many awards while playing tennis, and also taught tennis to children and adults. He stays active now by weight training and leading fun, fast-paced circuit workouts with a group of friends. Dr. Don supports sports locally by sponsoring many local youth teams. Dr. Don met his wife, Charis, in college. Whether at home or while traveling, they especially enjoy watching wildlife and spending time with their Havapoo (Havanese/Poodle mix), Heidi.