We have had three people in our family go through braces with Dr. Don. Aside from his attention for perfection he makes you feel so welcomed. I watch the way he interacts with the kids and the parents. I think it is so important the way he takes the time to explain to the kids exactly why he is doing what he is doing and what they can expect in all areas. He holds them accountable for taking care of their teeth. We have just loved our experience. Bitter sweet to be leaving soon.
Going on a year being a patient here, and it is one of the best decisions I have made. As an adult, looking for an orthodontist office was not the easiest—but going here makes it easy. I am always well taken care of from longer procedures to important basics...like making my next appointment. Most recently, they paused my treatment for several important life events & did so without hesitation which I am very appreciative of. Everyone is professional and combine that with the positive environment they create, it really feels like my Invisalign treatment is a priority.
We have finally finished our orthodontics with both kids! It was such a great experience working with Dr. Don and his amazing team. They are simply the best and we're so grateful we used them for our children's orthodontics. Their teeth look beautiful. Thank you for everything!!
Outstanding Dr. and very nice staff. Did a great job with my son and now doing a great job with my daughter. Very complicated case and seeing very good results. 5 STAR!
The best orthodontist practice in Novato. Great orthodontic care, great results. Great service, very accommodating and helpful, always.
Convenient location, staff is super nice, and professional treatment. Was never talked down to, always answered all questions and very easy experience.
Meet Dr. Don Wilson
Dr. Don L Wilson is committed to creating beautiful smiles in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. While he loves to have fun, he also feels it is important to educate patients about their orthodontic treatment, and especially emphasize proper oral hygiene while in braces. He designed the Tooth Token Reward Program to help motivate patients to take great care of their teeth and gums. He treats patients personally at every scheduled appointment and wants to ensure that they feel they are receiving the best care possible, while being ‘part of the family’.
Dr. Don is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. Each year we provide Smile Scholarships to children and young adults who are experiencing financial challenges so that they can receive orthodontic treatment at no charge.
- He attended the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology.
- He received his dental degree with Honors from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco.
- With academic and clinical excellence, he completed his residency and obtained his Masters degree in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. Dr. Don doesn’t just look at the teeth, he also looks at the face and profile, making decisions on what will be best for lip support and overall symmetry.
- In August of 2003, he moved to Marin to create a unique orthodontic practice that prides itself on quality care in a personable environment.
- Dr. Don provides orthodontic treatment for children and adults, utilizing technologies such as Invisalign® and Self-ligating Damon System® Braces. He follows the guidelines of the American Association of Orthodontists and wants to see children at age 7 for an initial complimentary consultation.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Marin County Dental Society
- Marin County Orthopedic Study Group
- Smile for a Lifetime Foundation
On a Personal Note…
Starting his practice in Novato was a natural fit for Dr. Don, as he is a fifth generation Californian. Dr. Don was born and raised in Cupertino, CA, and has always been very active in sports. In high school, he won many awards while playing tennis, and also taught tennis to children and adults. He stays active now by weight training and leading fun, fast-paced circuit workouts with a group of friends. Dr. Don supports sports locally by sponsoring many local youth teams. Dr. Don met his wife, Charis, in college. Whether at home or while traveling, they especially enjoy watching wildlife and spending time with their Havapoo (Havanese/Poodle mix), Heidi.