What Our Patients Are Saying!
I'm never more excited to attend a medical/dentist appointment than when I'm coming to this wonderful office. Every single employee here is incredibly positive, respectful, and great at what they do. Ask them yourself - I sometimes stop by and bug them with the smallest requests or questions just to be in that uplifting and supportive environment. There's a reason they get such consistently positive reviews!
Dr. Don's office is warm, and so "kid-friendly." We travel all the way from Albany because we know we are seeing the BEST in Dr. Don. He's awesome.....so encouraging, so positive, so pleasant!! (as are all his assistants!)
Staff is always friendly. Things to do for the children in the waiting room, BUT the wait is never very long. The scheduling of appointments is well done.
The work Dr Don did on my son was incredible! You have my permission to ask to see his before and after shots and you'll be amazed. I don't believe there are any teeth that are beyond help and my son's smile is a permanent glowing review of Dr. Don's excellent work.
Dr. Wilson and his staff are so great! Not only did they give me a great smile, but they were always so nice, funny, and caring--and provided a great atmosphere for everyone around them. They constantly made sure that I was comfortable and relaxed whenever I was there, and with a movie always playing right above me while I was being worked on, I actually had fun, too! It really is the best orthodontist office to be in.
To top it off, Dr. Wilson gave me an AMAZING smile, which, truthfully, I always get complimented on. He is such a perfectionist in his work--at the end of my treatment, he even went so far to make sure to move my teeth a fraction of a centimeter one way to make my teeth perfect! I truly, truly recommend him as an orthodontist.
Dr. Don and all his team are simply the best and most professional individuals. They cared for me like a family member and I could not be any happier with the results. I recommend anyone I know to his office because I know they will be treated by a team of caring professionals who love to have fun and make people smile.
Meet Dr. Don
Dr. Don L Wilson is committed to creating beautiful smiles in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. While he loves to have fun, he also feels it is important to educate patients about their orthodontic treatment, and especially emphasize proper oral hygiene while in braces. He designed the Tooth Token Reward Program to help motivate patients to take great care of their teeth and gums. He treats patients personally at every scheduled appointment and wants to ensure that they feel they are receiving the best care possible, while being ‘part of the family’.
Dr. Don is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. He is the founder of the Novato/San Rafael Chapter of Smile for a Lifetime Foundation. Each year we provide orthodontic treatment at no charge for children with financial challenges. Dr. Don creates self-confidence, inspires hope, and changes the lives of children in our community with the gift of a smile.
- He attended the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington where he received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology.
- He received his dental degree with Honors from the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in San Francisco.
- With academic and clinical excellence, he completed his residency and obtained his Masters degree in Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. Dr. Don doesn’t just look at the teeth, he also looks at the face and profile, making decisions on what will be best for lip support and overall symmetry.
- In August of 2003, he moved to Marin to create a unique orthodontic practice that prides itself on quality care in a personable environment.
- Dr. Don provides orthodontic treatment for children and adults, utilizing technologies such as Invisalign® and Self-ligating Damon System® Braces. He follows the guidelines of the American Association of Orthodontists and wants to see children at age 7 for an initial complimentary consultation.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- California Dental Association
- Marin County Dental Society
- Marin County Orthopedic Study Group
- Smile for a Lifetime Foundation
On a Personal Note…
Starting his practice in Novato was a natural fit for Dr. Don, as he is a fifth generation Californian with family all around the Bay Area. Dr. Don was born and raised in Cupertino, CA, and has always been very active in sports. In high school, he won many awards while playing tennis, and also taught tennis to children and adults. He stays active now by weight training, skiing, and scuba diving, as well as leading fun, fast-paced circuit workouts with a group of friends. Dr. Don supports sports locally by sponsoring many local youth teams. Dr. Don met his wife, Charis, in college. They enjoy wildlife and traveling to new places. They especially love relaxing at home and exploring the North Bay, with their Papillon, Heidi, along for the ride.